Welcome to www.leluskincare.com (“Site”). In this Privacy Statement, “our,” “we,” or “us” means L’Elu Skincare ABN 76461895565.
Protecting your personal information is very important to us. This Privacy Statement applies to any personal information you disclose to us through purchasing our products on the Site. Please read this Privacy Statement carefully as it sets out how we collect, store, use and safeguard your personal information in relation to the products that we offer on our Site (collectively, the “Products”) in compliance with the Australian Privacy Principles (“APPs”) in the Australian Privacy Act 1998 (Cth) (“the Privacy Act”).
By using the Site, you consent to our collection, use, storage and disclosure of your personal information in accordance with this Privacy Statement. We may update the terms of this Privacy Statement at any time, and by continuing to use the Site, you accept the terms of the updated Privacy Statement. Revised versions will be made available on the Site.
What is personal information?
‘Personal information’ means information about an individual whose identity is apparent or can reasonably be ascertained from that information.
This Privacy Statement details how we protect your personal information and our privacy obligations to you in compliance with the Privacy Act. It will give you an understanding of:
- the types of personal information we collect
- how and when we collect, use, store, disclose and otherwise handle personal information
- the purposes for which we collect, use and disclose personal information
- how you may access your personal information
- how to update your personal information
- how you can make a complaint, and how we deal with any such complaint
- how to contact us.
Types of personal information we collect and why we collect it
We collect personal information from our Site visitors if it necessary or incidental to the supply of our Products including when you request our Products by placing an order on the Site, subscribing to our newsletters, submitting Product reviews or participating in our promotions. If you choose not to provide the personal information we ask you for, we may not be able to supply you with our Products or services incidental to that supply.
We may collect personally identifiable information from you with your consent, such as your name, e-mail address, phone number, age, address, financial or credit card details and other information you provide to us for the purpose of conducting our business.
We collect personal information from you in a variety of ways, including directly or automatically when you interact with us electronically or in person, when you access the Site and when we provide our Products to you.
We may, with your consent, collect personal information about you or from your authorised representatives to fill online orders, contact you regarding your order, respond to your queries, for internal record-keeping, for business development and marketing, for data analytics, to manage, research and monitor the way you use our Products, for communicating with you or for other services which we think may be of interest to you or for obtaining your feedback.
We may be required to use personal information for legal and compliance reasons, such as the prevention, detection, or investigation of a crime, loss prevention, or fraud.
By providing personal information to us, you consent to our collection, storage, use and disclosure of your personal information in accordance with this Privacy Statement and any other arrangements that apply between us.
Your personal information will only be used and stored for the primary purpose for which it was collected and not for any other purpose.
Access to personal information
Under the Privacy Act, you have a right to access your personal information. We will need to obtain proof of your identity before implementing your request and may refuse to provide you with certain information where permitted or required by law. In certain circumstances, the law permits us to deny you access to your personal information if:
- access would pose a serious threat to the life, safety or health of any individual or to public health or public safety
- access would have an unreasonable impact on the privacy of others
- the request is frivolous or vexatious
- the information relates to existing or anticipated legal proceedings and would not be accessible by the process of discovery in those proceedings
- access would reveal the intentions of a party in relation to negotiations or prejudice those negotiations
- access would be unlawful
- access may prejudice enforcement activities or a security function.
Disclosure of personal information
Except for the purposes described in this Privacy Statement, we will not disclose any information that is obtained from you to third parties without your express written permission. We may disclose personal information, and you consent to us disclosing your personal information, to the following persons (either in or outside Australia), when:
- they are our advisers, employees, agents, business partners or joint venture entities or partners who are required to follow data privacy laws and security policies when handling personal information;
- they are entities providing services to us including legal services, financial services, IT services, data providers, storage services and mailing houses;
- they are authorised by you to receive information held by us;
- they are third parties you authorise to act on your behalf or that are otherwise connected with you (such as your legal representative or other authorised agent or attorney);
- for any alleged unlawful activity where we reasonably believe that disclosure is necessary to any relevant authority or enforcement body or where required to do so by law, court order or subpoena.
You can also configure your Internet browser to accept all cookies, reject all cookies or notify you when a cookie is set. If you disable cookies from being stored in your computer or on your device, you may not be able to use the full functionality of our Site.
We may hold your personal information in either electronic or hard copy form. We will take reasonable security measures to protect the personal information we hold about you. We employ appropriate technical, administrative and physical procedures to protect personal information from misuse, interference and loss, unauthorised disclosure or alteration.
You acknowledge that we are not responsible for the privacy or security practices of any third party (including third parties that we are permitted to disclose your personal information to in accordance with this policy or any applicable laws). The collection and use of your information by such third parties may be subject to separate privacy and security policies.
You also acknowledge that the security of communications sent by electronic means or by post cannot be guaranteed. You provide information to us via the Internet or by post at your own risk. We cannot accept responsibility for misuse or loss of, or unauthorised access to, your personal information where the security of information is not within our control.
For international users of the Site, you agree that the personal information you provide to us will be dealt with under Australia’s Privacy Laws.
Third Party Information
We may link to or otherwise make available third-party information on the Site. The inclusion of a link on this Site does not imply any endorsement of the linked site by us.
Please note that we are not responsible for the privacy practices of other websites including websites that are linked to the Site. It is the responsibility of the individual Internet user to make decisions regarding the relevance, accuracy, currency and/or reliability of information found on linked sites.
Limitation of Liability
Your use of the Site and its content is at your own risk.
We will take all reasonable steps to keep your personal information secure but to the maximum extent permitted by law, we exclude all liability for the consequences of any unauthorised access to your information. This includes (but is not limited to) loss or damage you might suffer because of any of the following:
- reliance on the completeness, accuracy, suitability or currency of the Site (including third-party material and advertisements);
- failure of performance, error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, virus or other harmful component, loss of data, communication line failure, unlawful third-party conduct, or theft, destruction, alteration or unauthorised access to records;
- accessing any sites or servers maintained by other organisations through links on the Site or any communication from the Site. Links are provided for the convenience of users of the Site only and without responsibility for the content or operation of those sites (unless otherwise stated, linked sites and the services are not endorsed by us and your linking to any such site is at your own risk);
- the provision of credit card or other financial information, the failure to complete (or delay in completing) any transaction, or other loss or damage arising from any e-commerce transacted or attempted to be transacted on the Site (if any).
Change of personal information
The APPS require us to correct our personal records of personal information if they are inaccurate or out-of-date. Please contact us to correct or update the personal information that you have provided to us.
We may need to obtain proof of your identity before implementing your request and may refuse to provide you with certain information where permitted or required by law.
If we use your personal information to market and promote our Products, you may notify us at any time that you do not wish to receive marketing or promotional material by contacting us directly or through the “unsubscribe” mechanism in our marketing or promotional emails.
If you think we have breached the Privacy Act or you wish to make a complaint about the way we have handled your personal information, you should contact us using the details set out below.
Please contact us at the address below if you have any questions or concerns about our collection, use or disclosure of personal information.
Phone: 0484 821 472
We will aim to resolve any complaints within 14 days.
If you remain dissatisfied, you may refer your complaint in writing to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner at the following address:
Director of Compliance
Office of the Australian Information Commissioner
Sydney NSW 2001
© 2018 L’ Elu Skincare. All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Statement last updated Thursday 15 February 2018.